bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

This is how I feel & Conversations

this is the expression I have on my face....

So, it's been a while. I have had a few people call to check on me, just to make sure I'm ok. This is how the conversations have gone...
"Hey, you ok? I haven't seen you put anything on your blog in like a week?!"
My response, "Wow, you actually read my blog? Awesome."

Yeah, it turns out I guess I'm not just writing aimlessly! I thought maybe this was just a journal for me, but apparently some people are finding it humorous enough to make it a habit to check. Thank you. We feel so grateful and blessed to have family and friends that want to know about our lives. We miss you, too! Keep tuning in!

Anyways, I have missed blogging! Yes, my mother is here visiting (more pics of that to follow), and yes, I agreed to work 60 hours at the hospital this week. Finally, yes, I may be committed myself after working all that time in the ER (no, not cause of you, mom!). Luckily, I have been flexed home a bit early tonight.

Yeah, crazy week. Exhaustion. Had I known I would get home from work yesterday at 12am, have a baby wake and cry from 12:30am-4:30am and then wake up to start her day at 6:30am, I would not have agreed to work again 11am-11pm today. But it is what it is, and I never get a chance to work like this, ever. (why do I act like it's fun??? because a 60-hour-work-week is fun for Schaubs, that's why). My mom is here and I said how so tired I was from working so much, and I asked her this...

"Remember when I lived at home with you and dad and worked at St. Francis? Working five 12-hour shifts a week was nothing for me. Why is it so hard now?"
She said, "You had no baby, no husband. It was easy. And, you were always tired. You worked weird hours all the time."

Gosh, I did. At one point, I remember calling the dentist to make an appointment. Here's how that conversation went.....

"I need to make an appointment for Friday."
(receptionist) "Ok, how about 3?"
(me) "am or pm?"
(receptionist) "Um.... 3pm. We're not open at 3am"
(me) "Oh, yes, of course. 3pm"

Bianca has really had some milestones go on this week. She has 6 teeth, is crawling all over, and has a 9-month appointment tomorrow. 9 months. Where did time go? I can't wait to update the site tomorrow and talk about how it goes. Judging by her lack of sleep and irritability, I would be surprised if she didn't have an ear infection. We'll see.... I hope not.

Until tomorrow, sweet dreams!!! I will try my best to do another update Friday. So much going on!!!

No comments: