bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Target

Yesterday I went to Target and saw the most beautiful thing. No, not the clearance rack full of my favorites..... something even better.

Here's the story:
I had finished shopping with Bianca and it was time for her to have lunch. I pushed her into the deli area and started feeding her. In walks a woman who couldn't have been older than me, with her 3 daughters - all of which could not have been older than 4, maybe 5. And she was pregnant. Probably about 7 months. She sat her oldest 2 at chairs, the youngest stayed in the shopping cart. She carried over pieces of pizza, hot dogs, chips, and drinks. I couldn't wait to watch this show. I thought, 'How brave (and crazy) of this woman to take her 3 kiddos out and eat by herself in Target.' Couldn't wait to see the craziness.

The girls were so excited. "Oh boy, PIZZA," one of them yelled. The food was dispersed, but no child touched. They sat, playing, talking.... a little naughty, but nothing to timeout about! Then the mother said, "OK, let's get ready to eat." This was when the beauty came.

The children put their heads down, and reached out to each other. The mother put her head down, and prayed. Silence, except for her words. 10 seconds later, when the prayer was finished, chaos. The eating and playfulness of 3 sisters was in effect!

How beautiful is that?

1 comment:

Abbey said...

That is Awesome :)