bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friend Visit

They say if you have one good friend in life, you are blessed. Doesn't that seem sad? However, after moving out of state, being on our own for 2.5 years, having a baby, etc..... you learn who your real friends and family are. They are the people who get a hold of you no matter where you are or how busy they are - they are the people who would go out of their way to keep in touch - the people who say "you don't have to come and visit us when you're home 'cause I'll make a trip to visit you."

I have that friend. I actually have a couple of those friends. They are my family. They call me, email me, text me..... whatever they have to do - they're there. Michele is a friend who has been asking me for over 6 months when I'm coming home so she can rearrange her schedule to see us. She is the one who says, "When are you coming home so I can tell people and get them together to see you that way you don't have to make 100 trips visiting everyone else." She had a get-together one night I was home. Michele will be my friend for forever. We met in high school and have been through a lot together. One thing has always stayed the same - our friendship. She is the most unselfish and thoughtful person.

Michele invited my cousin, Krystal, who has baby Logan. This was so much fun to see them playing together. Krystal also goes out of her way to keep in touch with me. She sends me cards, pics of the baby, etc. She is a cousin that always asks me how we're doing cause she knows it's tough being away. She is also an RN and is an unbelievable mother - that hardworking Schaub gene!
Here's Bianca and Logan......cuties!!!
Here's all the "little ones"


Another good friend, Kate, was there with her daughter, Brooke. She's 1 year of age. My how time flies! Kate will randomly call me or text me about once a month or so just to keep up with things. I love getting her sweet cards with her beautiful little girl photos in it. She's someone who no matter how long time as passed, she's constant. The same person she was the last time I saw her - still beautiful, personable, and sincere.
OH my....it was crazy!!!
Thanks, again, girls. I so appreciate you all always keeping in touch with me and staying interested in my life while I'm away. I can't wait to one day be back "home" when we can actually hang out all the time!!!

4 comments:

Crystal Schaub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal Schaub said...

You do learn who's your true friends and family when you move away. You've always done so much for all of us and have always been there. We miss you guys so much. Can't wait until you're back again.

Krystal84 said...

Oh Liz...you almost made me cry!! We loved meeting Bianca. I just wish we could make the trip to visit you (maybe someday!!) You are a wonderful mother and we sure do miss you!

Michele said...

You did make me cry! You know we love and miss you very very much. Bianca is such a cutie. I'm already counting down the days til we get to see you guys again.