bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy 1st father's day!!!

This one is for my husband..... he loves it when I write him poems. Normally I would never post one to the public, but it is Father's Day.......

Today is your first Father's Day
And it is so special in so many ways.
You are an amazing father, husband, and friend.
For two days straight, you take care of her by yourself every weekend.

I always knew you would be a good father
You were scared at first, a little bothered.....
"What if we can't do this right? What if I fail?"
I smiled and told you, "Derek, you are a star. I know you will do better than any other male!"

So here we are, celebrating a day to honor all dads.
And just look at the GREAT job your doing..... not so bad!!!
Derek, I'm honored and proud you are my husband and the father of our little girl
And my, oh my, how she's rocked our world!

So, thank you, thank you, thank you!
For never asking why when I tell you, "just do."
You are the husband and father I am so proud of, the one I always have dreamed of
the one I will forever love















1 comment:

Abbey said...

How sweet Liz - it brought tears to my eyes...