bianca age, vivi age

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mrs. M

There's something to be said when you are so incredibly happy for someone, it brings tears to your eyes. It was an emotional weekend for many reasons. Reason #1: we left my baby for the first time and flew to another state for 2 nights. Now, there was no reason to be worried about her - she was in GREAT hands of her Nana and Grampy Cisel. Still.... very hard. Every hour or so I pulled out my accordion brag book and stared at her little face. So precious. Thank you, Nana and Grampy for taking such good care of our baby.

So, on with the trip we went. We flew from Atlanta to Minneapolis to Omaha, Nebraska. Then, we rented a car and drove to Sioux City, Nebraska. Why all the travels? Because one of my very best friends was getting married. Melinda has been a friend since we met freshmen year in college. We have lived together, studied together, cried together, prayed together, partied together, danced (marathons) together, loved together..... you name it, we've done it. We have remained friends through tough times - and that is priceless.

Anyways, this was a celebration. Melinda has always talked of the day she would marry her prince. The day she would walk down the aisle and be completely in love and mesmerized by the one at the other end waiting for her. The day she would no longer be her daddy's girl, but her dream husband's new love and life companion. June 26th, 2010 was her day. And a dream it was. I could not look at her without tears in my eyes. She was BEAUTIFUL. RAVISHING. STUNNING. I think what made her even more beautiful was the love you could literally feel when you watched her and Craig together. Breathtaking.

So, here's a little picture story for you all........

We arrived in Sioux City around 2pm on Friday. The first time Derek and I had ever been, so we were checking out all of it.....

This is mostly how I spent the drive. This is mostly what you see when you drive from Nebraska to Iowa:

It really didn't feel too hot at all to Derek or me. We had come from 95 degree weather with extreme humidity in Atlanta, so it felt refreshing, actually!
What was strange was crossing back and forth between 2 states. We stayed in Sioux City, Nebraska. However, the wedding was in Sioux City, Iowa, which was actually just across the Missouri River.

It had been a while since I'd seen a water tower. Not too many hanging out in Atlanta. Sioux City is actually a bit smaller than Peoria, Illinois.
Melinda is a hostess. With the mostess. Every guest was greeted upon checking into the hotel with a "goody bag" full of fun stuff - mostly memorabilia and items from the local area. Too cute!
The rehearsal dinner (in Sioux City, Iowa) was wonderful. Also planned to a "t", complete with assigned seating and yum yum foods.

Something my friend, Melinda, is known for: generosity. She is the best gift-giver ever. We got clutch purses from Etsy. SO CUTE! There were also a few other things, but the best???.... Tiffany jewelry. Who does that???..... Melinda. Love you, pal. And thanks for going overboard with the gifts - you shouldn't have (but I'll keep them).
It was a very late night. We caught up with old friends, and made new friends. Another roller coaster.

I missed you.

Day # 2 WEDDING DAY!!! Yeah! Rough early start helped out by coffee, food, friends, laughs, and hairspray. Lots of it. We greeted Mel at the salon at 9. We were all attired in her stylish bridesmaid shirts she had designed and given to us the night before in our gift bag. This is Mel (left) and her sister, Angie (right).
Melinda looked radiant. Here's a bit of the work in progress.
Here's a pic of a few of us maids getting ready.
Style. Another word used that can be linked to Mel. Do you recognize these.......
Manolo Blahnik. These are the same style Carrie (Sex & The City) wore when she was to marry Big. Craig, her soon-to-be husband, got her these as part of her wedding gift. Jealous. I'm not asking if you are....I'm stating I was. Yep, how's Minolo Blahniks for your "something blue"? I think I had a $5 garter.

Well, here's a few more of my fave moments from the day. Mel.... thank you so much for including me in your special day. I love you. You married the most perfect person (ahhhhh....I'm still taking credit for hooking you both up together). Craig is a wonderful person - he is a terrific father, a caring friend, a talented orthopedic surgeon, a healer, and now.......



now he's one lucky husband.

Love you.

2 comments:

Crystal Schaub said...

Mel looks stunning!!! Love love the shoes.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to the Kelch farm or somewhere and the three of us ended up sleeping in ur car!! Haha sorry just popped in my head! She looked beautiful! Great pictures, u are so good at it!!!